Holi the festival of colour and happiness is around the corner and I hope you guys are excited in the same way like I am. This post is on few skin and hair care tips for Holi and DIY’s which you can use this Holi, and enjoy to the core even without thinking twice.
Tips: before moving out
- Apply coconut oil to the hair to prevent damage from the colors. Try various style to cover your hair. You can tie a bun or you can cover your hair with the old scarf.
- Apply moisturizer all over the body that will prevent you from the harsh chemical based colours.
- Apply the thick coat of Vaseline around your ears so that you don’t look like a pink monster after Holi.
- Apply a generous amount of sunscreen as you will be in the sun for the full day (so it will help you from tanning).
- Not to forget your lips as they might become dry on that sunny day with the harsh color over it so try to keep them moisturized as well.
- Keep drinking water which will keep your body hydrated.
- If you have any open wound or cuts, cover them properly before handing for Holi.
- Apply dark color nail paint which will prevent the colors from settling in.
- Try to wear fully covered clothes so that your skin is covered properly.
- Try not to wear your contact lens instead go with glasses.
Tips: While playing Holi
- Stick to organic colors rather than going for chemical ones. Nowadays we have various types of organic colors in the local markets too.
- If you feel any sensation or itchiness then wash off the color immediately as it might result in rash or allergy.
- Alcohol dehydrates the body so keep drinking water also and try to consume less alcoholic drinks.
Tips: After Holi
- Brush off excess color from the hair and body before heading for shower.
- Try to use mild soap or shampoo.
- You can use cleansing milk to remove color from the body and face.
- Remove your nail color.
- After shower apply a good amount of moisturizer that will heal your body.
- If you see any rash or allergy than consult your doctor first.
- DIY for skin – body scrub:
- 2 tablespoon Besan
- 2 to 3 tablespoon Full cream milk or curd
- Half lemon
Mix them and make a paste. Now apply all over your body gentle scrub for 2 to 5mins. Let it dry on its own and wash off from the body.
2. DIY for Hair – hair mask:
- 2 Eggs (take as per your hair length)
- 1 Banana
Blend them in a blender and apply this mask on your hair for 30 to 40 mins then wash with the normal shampoo and conditioner.
I hope this hacks and DIY’s will help you this Holi. Do let me know what hacks you use to save your hair and skin during Holi.